The NACFA Online Database
Welcome to the North American Clun Forest Association's online database. By using the features listed below, the pedigree records, ancestry, and family relationships of every Clun Forest sheep ever registered by NACFA is searchable. Open access to this database will allow Clun Forest breeders to research ancestral data and use it as a tool to determine sibling and progeny relationships within and between flocks.
Clicking here brings up an animal search menu. This menu allows you to search individual or groups of animals by all the criteria labels shown.
After you have generated search results, you can customize your search results in several ways. A "Custom Search Results Format" menu will appear in the upper left hand corner above the search results. This will allow you to display or hide various fields. All columns in the search results are also sort-able by clicking on the column heading. From these search results you can also do the following:
- Display Pedigree: Clicking on the Registration Number, Flock ID, or Registered Name will generate the pedigree for that particular animal.
- Display Breeder/Owner: Clicking on the flock letters of the breeder or owner listed will bring up the contact information and membership status of that person.
- Sire/Dam Info: Clicking on the sire or dam of any animal in the search results will generate the pedigree for that sire or dam.
- Display Ancestral Data: On the individual pedigree record for any animal, clicking on an ancestor's information will generate the pedigree for that particular ancestor. Ancestry can be traced back this way to the earliest registered ancestor.
- Display Sibling/Progeny Info: The individual pedigree record of any animal includes search buttons for any sibling animals with the same father, or the same mother. It also includes a search button for any progeny of that particular animal. This allows a 'forward' search to the latest registered progeny for any particular ancestor.
Online Registration Application
Online ROM Application
While we've attempted to make this searchable database as user-friendly as possible, first time users of the database are likely to have questions. Questions or comments can be addressed to the .