Origins and History of the Clun Forest Breed
While sheep have always been part of the economy in the area around the town of Clun and in the nearby hills of eastern Wales and western Shropshire, the Clun Forest sheep was not officially standardized as a breed until 1925 with the formation of the Clun Forest Sheep Breeders Society in the United Kingdom. The articles listed below provide accounts of the origin of the breed, its establishment in North America, and the various importations of live animals and semen that followed the first importation into Nova Scotia in 1970.
- Origins of the Breed – from the (UK) Clun Forest Sheep Breeders Society Flock Book
- History of the Clun Forest Breed – Rosemary Ruddell
- The History of Clun Forests in North America (1970s) – R.A.K. Turner
- Later North American Imports (1980s) – Angus Rouse
- A Brief History of AI Imports – Michele Stute